Photobucket

The blog has moved! Please visit wendybirddesigns.net for the latest news and updates!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

2 Birthday Cards

This weekend was my both my stepmom and “stepdaughter’s” birthdays.  I say it in the quotes because she’s my boyfriend’s daughter.  We don’t live together but I love her :)  I made them each a card and thought I’d show them off!  First up is stepdaughter’s:

I used Funky Funk by Marni Designs.  She turned 14 and this kit was perfect for her!

funky-birthday

I used a corner punch on just one corner to add some interest to the shape.

The fun button detail:

funky-birthday-detail

And a close up of the word art I created with shrunken down elements, 6 different fonts and the alpha from the kit:

funky-birthday-detail2

For my stepmom, I went with a traditional birthday kit, Make a Wish by FlutterbyeFaery Designs, though I decided to leave off the obvious birthday elements:

make-a-wish-card

(don’t mind the crooked bracket – homemade charm, right?)

And a close up of the layers:

make-a-wish-card-detail

I printed the layers separately and attached them with pop dots.  I forgot to put a sentiment on the circle before I printed, so I grabbed a fine tipped sharpie and tried my best not to screw it up ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment